[plt-dev] Release Announcement for v4.2.5 -- 2nd call

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 2 09:12:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> Possible items (dug up from log messages) -- please reply if you have
> an entry here, or a comment on the following items:
>
> Robby:
>  - New language dialog layout

I'm not sure we want to mention this, but if we do, it goes at the end
and would be something like "The language dialog now suggests more
strongly that using "#lang" is the Right Thing(tm)."

> Noel, Ryan:
>  - schemeunit is now included (gui revived?)

- Our unit testing framework, schemeunit, is now included in the
distribution (It has long been in the undistributed part of our SVN
archives).

?

> * The support languages for the "Programming Languages: Application
>  and Interpretation" textbook by Shriram Krishnamurthi are now part
>  of PLT Scheme.  In addition, a random mutator generator for
>  testing garbage collectors and a new heap visualizer GUI were
>  added by Robby Findler.

Starting from "In addition" to the end, replace with "In addition the
PLAI GC language comes with a random mutator generator (to help test
collectors) and an improved heap visualizer."

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.