[plt-dev] Unicode is a pain

From: Anthony Cowley (acowley at seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 16 12:05:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Richard Cobbe <cobbe at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Interesting.  I wasn't aware of TeX input mode and googled for it, but all
> I got was TeX-mode (well, plus one mode for editing APL source), which
> can't be what you're referring to.  Could you provide some pointers?

It's an input-method rather than a normal mode, but I hope a more
expert Emacs user can chime in here as quick googling wasn't terribly
productive for me either. Here's a blog post by someone who was
pleased to find out about it themselves,
<http://www.nobugs.org/blog/archives/2009/09/02/emacs-unicode-fu/>

In Aquamacs, I just hit C-\ to toggle it, and then all the usual TeX
macros work, with auto-completion.

Anthony

Posted on the dev mailing list.