[plt-dev] number of HtDP graduates

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 12 09:25:10 EDT 2009

It is also difficult to maintain due to poor reporting.

We've also had teachers who haven't replied to queries in years, then
suddenly post a message saying, "I'm trying to use library <ancient>
in DrScheme 4.2.1 and it doesn't work; my class begins in two days, so
please help!"  Reporting just seems to work differently in many
communities.

(Not that professors are much better.  I ask users of PLAI to kindly
tell me about it.  Often, the first I hear is from their bookstore.
That is, they're happy to exploit the free provision of the book and
want to locally print cheap copies for their students, but they can't
be boshed to write a one-liner saying, "I'm using the book".)

Shriram