[plt-dev] Re: Generated files and co-existing copies of DrScheme

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 30 22:34:55 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
>> An update -- Matthew has agreed to take over this code and to
>> (eventually) add a corresponding command line option to control the
>> "addon-dir".  I have repeated the test steps above with the latest
>> changes from the trunk, and merged my changes onto the trunk.
>
> I missed this, and I already undid it.  I will re-commit later tonight
> with a command line option, and with reading the environment variable
> once.  (Which means that your C-side commit will be split into a
> separate piece that will read the variable.)

I really don't think that this is a good way to manage our project -
dueling commits and reverts.  Once something is discussed and decided
upon, one person shouldn't just unilaterally undo it.  If something
needs changing, it should be discussed.  Everyone overwriting everyone
else's changes just leads to chaos.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu