[plt-dev] Re: [plt-scheme] Planet HTTP 403 errors

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 25 08:18:16 EST 2009

Like Robby, I have no idea what is wrong. But to help isolate it, you might try:

>From a terminal

> telnet www.google.com 80

The enter

GET / HTTP/1.0

and press return twice. You should get a 200 or 302 response.

Then try the same from Drscheme. Something like [untested]:

(require net/url)
(read-line (get-pure-port (string->url "http://www.google.com/")))

If you see the same response something is wack with accessing Planet
(maybe a firewall?) If you don't see the same response probably
DrScheme is not picking up some system wide network configuration.

N.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I really have no idea. (It does, however, seem to me to more likely to
> be an issue with the configuration of your machine if connecting to
> multiple different hosts all produce the same http protocol response
> -- that 403 response actually requires something on the other end to
> formulate a particular series of bytes and send them back -- mzscheme
> and drscheme won't do that.)
>
> Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.