[plt-dev] component delivery, a social experiment

From: Dave Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 10 14:14:15 EST 2009

>> I, for one, am quite happy that we have a nightly build and hope that
>> we continue to have it. I suspect that anyone that uses Windows and
>> wants to keep up from SVN also benefits, since building under Windows
>> is not an easy thing to do (unlike the other platforms we support).
>
> I know other people who use the nightly build regularly on Windows.
> And the nightly build docs are quite valuable.  I've also benefited
> from the nightly build catching bugs that I've introduced.

FWIW: I always use the nightly builds, both in Windows and MacOS.

(I coroutine between theorems and programs for my research, and I've
been in theorem-proving mode, so I haven't updated DrScheme in a couple
months-- which is why I didn't notice this time when it went down.)

Dave

Posted on the dev mailing list.