[plt-dev] Continuous Integration Server

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri May 29 10:23:59 EDT 2009

On May 28, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> 2. Your emails could include svn pset commands for setting/changing
> properties that you think may be appropriate to improve your
> software's behavior. (For example, if some file times out, your
> nagger could include a command to set the time out property low
> because I know that it's useless to wait or something like that.)

Actually that's a good idea for all breakages: once something breaks,
you can make it continue sending the alerts -- and the way to get rid
of them is to either fix it, or if it's expected, then record it on an
svn property.  And for even greater convenience (both for committers
and for you as the one who will need to fix things up) -- don't tell
people what to set, but make the web interface do that instead.  This
approach does make the properties strategy work out nicely.