[plt-dev] Re: Specs language

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu May 28 06:35:33 EDT 2009

On May 28, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> Cool. It might be easy to add foreign functions to my Datalog if you
> need interesting computations. Let me know if you have problems
> encoding it. Now that you have my mind running, maybe I could use it
> for my metadata.

Well, that's a kind of a hack in the current spec language: it
requires being able to hook a scheme function either to compute
something (eg, path functions), or to do some side effect (like
creating a distribution).  It might also be possible to use the same
thing for the dependencies (which is pretty heavy).