[plt-dev] lessons learned

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri May 22 13:08:14 EDT 2009

On May 22, Jacob Matthews wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > On May 22, John Clements wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, if you're volunteering, what I'd really like is a way to do
> >> coverage testing across multiple files; the current green/red
> >> mechanism doesn't scale well.
> >
> > In any case, measuring coverage for the tests is not practical ATM.
>
> Out of curiosity: Why not?

(a) errortrace is adding a good runtime factor -- and the tests take a
    considerable time (compiling in errortrace mode can work too, but
    even that is horribly expensive)

(b) There's a *lot* of code, so keeping track of all expressions will
    be a problem

(c) code is executed one test suite at a time, so it will require
    running it, collecting the results, etc, then combining them all.