[plt-dev] Programmatic running of student programs

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu May 14 19:14:00 EDT 2009

On May 14, 2009, at 10:34 AM, David Van Horn wrote:

> Is there an existing tool for running student (BSL, ISL, ...)
> programs in a sand-boxed environment?  I would like to compute the
> results, the test report, and whether an error was raised,
> preferably without interacting or even using mred.

You don't say here whether you want the results of your tests or of
the student tests.

I suspect that you want the results of your tests, and I furthermore
suspect that the easiest way to get this running is to use the handin
server; you can run it locally, to hide it from the students, and I'd
be happy to supply example files though of course Eli would be far
more qualified.

John