[plt-dev] Test server & client

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon May 11 22:33:17 EDT 2009

On May 11, Grant Rettke wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > I've hacked together a test server and client, which should work
> > very nicely for running a test in a lab.
>
> What kind of resources do you publish to the client besides Scheme?

In my case, it was the complete lecture notes (my notes are now at
about 200 pages if printed, and many students would print most of
them), code for various interpreters, and homework solutions.  But any
text can be added (dynamically too).

> Do you have a sample test? I didn't see one in the archive; is there
> one?

There's not much to put for a test -- it's basically just a directory
with any files you want to put in, and an empty file (or files) that
the students will edit as their answer.  The "Running the Server and
the Clients" sections describes what to put in it.