[plt-dev] ubuntu help?

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 5 15:55:40 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Is there a shell command I can run in ubuntu that will tell drscheme
> to open a file? On the mac, I can do "open rep.ss" and that file will
> open in drscheme. There is a similar command under windows. I see that
> "gnome-open" does something like this, but it opens .ss files in its
> own editor, not in drscheme.  Anyone do this?
>
> Robby

Specific to gnome and not to ubuntu:
You can simply locate the file in nautilus and select open with...
Choose the DrScheme binary and then go to the file properties -> open
with (drscheme should already show up) and select it as default. Now
gnome-open should open ss from drscheme... repeat for scm if you wish.

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com
Webpage: http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm

Posted on the dev mailing list.