[plt-dev] in-place build directory (was re: build error with svn 14677)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue May 5 10:03:38 EDT 2009

On May  5, Carl Eastlund wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> >
> > That was my initial thought.  Something that would first introduce
> > a build then talk about the details.  But I couldn't come to a
> > conclusion of how to actually write this in a short time.
>
> I have checked in a revision to the README file (actually 3, but the
> first 2 are just fixes to pre-existing typos).  I have updated your
> Quick Instructions to describe the "build" directory convention and
> what the result of the "quick install" is.  [...]

FWIW, this was Matthew's recent edit of the file (following this
discussion I assume).  I liked the way it was layed out such that a
quick glimpse through the readme file makes the usual sequence
obvious.  People who update from svn should read just a little more,
and the build instructions were very close after that part.

(In any case, I'll leave it to Matthew to see if he wants any more
editing...)