[plt-dev] Stepper tests for DeinProgramm language levels?

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at deinprogramm.de)
Date: Thu Mar 19 03:03:29 EDT 2009

Ryan Culpepper <ryanc at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> On Mar 18, 2009, at 5:08 PM, John Clements wrote:

>> As part of pre-release testing, I run the tests in plt/collects/
>> tests/stepper/through-tests... which don't cover any of the
>> deinprogramm language levels.  You clearly have a stake in making
>> sure that the stepper still works for these language levels, so I'm
>> wondering if you'd like to contribute some tests.  Currently, the
>> tests are all in one place--though that could easily change--and
>> they're in one of two formats: my straightforward if somewhat
>> verbose style, and Eli's compact but non-sexp-y flavor.  Here are a
>> couple of examples:

So far, I've kept the test suites for the DeinProgramm stuff separate.
As to the stepper, the main problems in the past have been with
rendering, and I've tested that manually.  But I'll take up the
suggestion and write some automated tests - thanks for explaining!

But I'm still unsure whether to check out tests into SVN (most of the
existing ones uses SchemeUnit).  Should I?

> I think the DeinProgramm teaching languages just require the explicit
> lambda style of function definition.

Exactly.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike