[plt-dev] Re: [plt-bug] all/10133: set! sometimes doesn't work in interactions window

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Mar 16 17:29:50 EDT 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> On Mar 16, Matthew Flatt wrote:
>> See also
>>
>> http://docs.plt-scheme.org/guide/module-set.html
>>
>> We should work on getting documentation links into error messages.
>
> +1

What I'd really like to see is some kind of leverage using Google &
web-fu.  In particular, I'd like it to be possible for people to
google for error messages and wind up at a page where they can
contribute and read other peoples' suggested links and/or fixes. I
know for a fact that my students google for error messages, and it
seems like it would be possible for plt-scheme to host a web page
where people could contribute helpful suggestions.

Naturally, the biggest obstacle is probably keeping the spam down.
Could use something like DSandler's water cooler...

http://dsandler.org/wp/archives/2009/03/15/twitter-comments-results

John