[plt-dev] struct match-expander a la struct-copy

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Jun 3 12:55:40 EDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:49 AM, Jay McCarthy
> <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The structure patterns in scheme/match have always bugged me that
>> they
>> didn't let you put the fields in any order and you had to put in _
>> for
>> the fields you didn't care about.

IIUC, the proposal would allow you to leave out fields without a
warning.  This strikes me as potentially dangerous, especially if this
stuff is used in the teaching languages.  I actually recall some
discussion of this on the OCaml list (OCaml behaves in this way,
IIUC), and some were suggesting that a slightly different form be
required for an incomplete match.

John