[plt-dev] pgsql package

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 28 00:43:48 EDT 2009

Hi all (Ryan?): I've got a question about pgsql. From what I can tell,
string data is stored in the database in the latin-1 encoding
(sql-data.ss line 191), but is then retrieved from the database in the
utf-8 encoding (io.ss line 205). Am I getting that right?

This doesn't mean much, but I changed planet's copy of io.ss to use
bytes->string/latin-1 instead of bytes->string/utf-8, and I was able
to avoid crashing (but the latin-1 encoding might not have any
unencodable octets, so that isn't really saying too too much).

Thanks,
Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.