[plt-dev] DrDr online

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 16 22:29:05 EDT 2009

At Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:43:24 -0400, "Geoffrey S. Knauth" wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2009, at 12:28, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> > * The server is too slow to keep up with Matthew, so I've bought
> > another that is on the way. If that doesn't make it better, I have
> > ideas but welcome yours.
>
> This is great.  I get to tell my architecture class about a server
> that can't keep up with a human.  Deep Blue vs. Kasparov was in 1997.
> I sense a new match.

If only Kasparov had the advantage of making a move, then two minutes
later saying "Did I actually commit to that move? No, that's obviously
wrong. I meant *this* move." And then, 30 seconds later, amending with
"Er, actually I meant *this* move." That would have kept Deep Blue busy
in much the same way as DrDr.

Posted on the dev mailing list.