[plt-dev] Putting incomplete and untested libraries into PLaneT?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Jul 11 22:57:33 EDT 2009

I have a lot of libraries that have been sitting around unfinished and
unreleased for years.

I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to put some of these in
PLaneT, as-is.

The purposes would be to at least preserve the code written already, to
give myself a baseline to then incrementally improve upon, and (I dream)
to hook some mythical benefactor who will want to fund finishing the
development.

The two main drawbacks of putting incomplete code in PLaneT are that I
have to be careful not to give myself a reputation for releasing
"broken" libraries, and -- why I'm asking PLT people -- I don't want to
set a precedent of simply dumping crap into PLaneT.

Any thoughts?

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/