[plt-dev] searching for bitmap% via f1 on mac os x

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Feb 28 08:06:05 EST 2009

On Feb 28, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> >
> > Much easier to implement, and extremely negligible cost (compared
> > to starting your browser and making it render a documentation
> > page).
>
> Maybe it is time to use launchservices, since we're having problems
> passing arguments, apparently.

In case it wasn't clear -- I'm almost a 100% sure that the problem is
not in passing arguments but somewhere in osascript.  (That's exactly
the confusion that happened with the previous thread too.)  If there
is a problem with passing arguments to a process then a lot more is
likely to break.

> > That, I don't know.  Robby -- while you're having this problem (it
> > looks like it's not consistent), maybe you can try to change to the
> > above and see if it works better?  (The change in net/sendurl.ss
> > should be very easy.)
> I hit f1 in exactly the same place and now I get no error (with
> osascript). Boy, that's annoying.
>
> When I use 'open' I get this:
>
> The file /Users/robby/svn/plt/collects/net/'file:/Users/robby/Library/PLT%20Scheme/4.1.4.3/doc/search/index.html?q=help'
> does not exist.
> browser-run: process execute failed: (#<path:/usr/bin/open>
> "'file:///Users/robby/Library/PLT%20Scheme/4.1.4.3/doc/search/index.html?q=help'")

That should not have the single quotes -- it's a scheme string that is
passed directly to the subprocess.

(Did I already mention how bad tcsh is?)