[plt-dev] svn annoyances

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Feb 9 21:52:41 EST 2009

On Feb  9, Robby Findler wrote:
> And the 'eli' user does not have permissions to /usr, right?

Ha!  I forgot that...  (Last time I did remember it though...)

In any case, the problem, at least as far as Sam's scenario goes, pops
up when a path is renamed.  Looks like there is no "verbose" or
"debug" output that svn can produce, but there is a way to make it
show such output at the neon level.  So, it looks to me like the svn
up is going as it should, and then it reaches a point where it is
notified about "bar" and that it's a copy of "foo" -- there's a bunch
of properties that include:

  <S:add-file name="bar" copyfrom-path="/eli/foo" copyfrom-rev="20821">

And the next thing that happens is the offending OPTIONS.  So it looks
to me even less likelly now that the problem is in our configuration:
it definitely looks like some svn bug.  I'll try to do some googles,
but it would be good if someone else tries to look for an answer
too...