[plt-dev] Re: launchpad instead of gnats?

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 10 16:44:40 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> [ I've talked a little bit with Sam about this already -- this message
> is intended to restart the discussion w/ a wider audience. ]
>
> Eli, Sam: what do you guys think about using launchpad to do our bug
> tracking work, instead of gnats?
>
> I see the two main advantages: a) it is easier to work with and should
> help us keep track of our bug reports more effectively and b) someone
> else (not us!) runs the site.

I strongly support doing this: we don't have infinite sysadmin
resources, and I would really like to have a better bug-tracking
system.

Just so that people can see what it would look like, I've set up a PLT
project on Launchpad.  You can see it here:
https://launchpad.net/plt

Here's the (currently empty) bug database:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/plt
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu