[plt-dev] EMERGENCY: drscheme no longer works in today's svn head

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 27 21:49:56 EDT 2009

At Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:26:33 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> One possible issue: DrScheme shares some of its own instantiation of
> various modules with the user's program. Perhaps there is some way
> that that can confuse CM? Does that seem possible to anyone?

The last paragraph of the docs for
`make-compilation-manager-load/use-compiled-handler' describes the only
potential for confusing CM that I know about.

But Matthias's error message said

 > . scheme/lang/compiled/drscheme/errortrace/reader_ss.zo:1:0: read
 > (compiled): code compiled for version 4.2.1.6, not 4.2.1.7

That file shouldn't have an "drscheme/errortrace" variant, since it's
in the main collections. I imagine that the ".zo" was put there during
the time that Planet was confused by DrScheme's errortrace
configuration (which was pre-4.2.1.7), and it just has to be cleaned
out manually. I had the same problem on my machine.

Posted on the dev mailing list.