[plt-dev] Re: problem with optimistic compilation

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 14 16:08:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Robby
Findler<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

>> If
>> it doesn't, won't it recompile the entire collects tree the first time
>> you try to do anything?
>
> No, the "don't save any compiled files for anything in the collects
> tree" caveat is still in place, as before.

So, I think I just encountered the following problem:

1. Turn on all the new-fangled auto-compilation.
2. Add a planet require (for something not currently installed) to the
module in the definitions window.
3. Watch while your entire collections tree gets recompiled.

Presumably planet needs to forget the fact that it's running under CM
when it runs setup-plt.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu