[plt-dev] Re: [plt-translators] Translations for test engine

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at deinprogramm.de)
Date: Wed Apr 22 13:48:57 EDT 2009

Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> writes:

> If you're happy with your code only working in drscheme, that's fine.
> But I wouldn't be happy with that for the HtDP teaching languages.
>
> In general, the HtDP teaching languages code does not depend on the
> drscheme-level preferences and I would prefer to keep it that way.

I still don't understand: There are all kinds of preference settings
that apply to the HtDP teaching languages.  Moreover, there were even
uses of string constants in the test-engine collection---note that
test-display.scm already had a require of string-constants.  What
concrete problem am I introducing?

> The solution seems pretty straightforward, however -- just don't use
> string-constants for this. Have two versions of the testing library, a
> german one and an english one and just load the right one in the right
> teaching language.

You mean I should duplicate all the code in collects/test-engine?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike