[plt-dev] Re: drscheme window sizes

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz (jao at gnu.org)
Date: Thu Apr 16 15:15:47 EDT 2009

Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>
writes:

> I've checked in changes to drscheme that, when you disable the profj
> tool turn the preferences window from 730 pixels high to 544 pixels
> high on my mac os x machine. (It isn't the most semantically sensible
> change, in that I've moved some things from editing|general into just
> general (a new tab); things that weren't really about editing, but
> having catchall categories is never that great.)

Excellent! Thanks a lot, Robby.

> Kathy, if you have time to see if you can split up the colors in profj
> into multiple panels or maybe have a more space-efficient set of
> controls somehow, that would be great.
>
> In the meantime, for those that don't use profj, you can disable it in
> the preferences and get the shorter window. Of course, I realize that
> there is a kind of chicken & egg problem there, so if you get stuck, I
> can sort out the programmatic way to disable the profj tool.

As a first approximation, i guess editting plt-prefs.ss to contain
something like:

 (plt:framework-pref:drscheme:tools-configuration
  (
   (((lib "profj") ("tool.ss")) skip)
  ))

would do the job, right?

Cheers,
jao
--
Children enter school as question marks and leave as periods.
 -Neil Postman, professor and author (1931- )