[racket] why you should consider sponsoring RacketCon 2015

From: Matthew Butterick (mb at mbtype.com)
Date: Thu Mar 19 19:02:42 EDT 2015

I just sent $1500 to help sponsor this year's RacketCon. That's an increase from the $1000 I put in last year, because Vincent St-Amour told me that he and Matthew Flatt want to scale up this year's event.

I mention this not to bring attention to myself. Rather, I mention it to bring attention to the amazing work the Racket developers are doing week after week, year after year. Racket is a fantastic tool. I use it every day. I get a ton of value out of it. Best of all, I'm always learning something new. In the last couple months, I've been getting up to speed with Typed Racket. It's tremendous.

All that, and it's open-source software.

I help sponsor RacketCon because it's a great way to invest in the future of Racket. The cost of a ticket does not cover the cost of the event. The way I see it, whatever I put into RacketCon is going to be paid back to me (and everyone else who uses it) many times over. And if Vincent and Matthew want to crank up the volume, I want to help.

So if you've been wondering if you should become a sponsor of RacketCon, I say: do it! Let Vincent know (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu) what you can put in to make this RacketCon the best yet. Maybe it's less. Maybe it's more. But it all helps.

Thanks.

Posted on the users mailing list.