[racket] Error when pasting code

From: George Neuner (gneuner2 at comcast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 17 17:21:54 EDT 2015

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 19:06:50 +0000 (UTC), Steve Graham
<jsgrahamus at yahoo.com> wrote:

>When running the following code, when manually typed in, there is no
>error.  However, when the same is pasted from the keyboard buffer,
>the error indicated appears.
>Comments?
>Thanks, Steve

Likely there are hidden control characters being carried when you cut
and paste.

I've had troubles going back and forth between DrRacket and various
unicode aware code editors - everything from syntax errors compiling
to DrRacket hanging or even crashing trying to load source files.
Inevitably it is because some hidden character(s) snuck in.

I haven't actually experienced it with cut-n-paste, but it would not
surprise me.

George

Posted on the users mailing list.