[racket] bug with TR type tooltips showing up where they shouldn't?

From: Alexander D. Knauth (alexander at knauth.org)
Date: Tue Mar 17 16:25:19 EDT 2015

I’m not sure how to reliably reproduce it, but right now I have my-unpossible/main.rkt open in DrRacket, and strange type tooltips are appearing.

my-unpossible/main.rkt is an untyped module, though it requires some typed modules.

For example if I hover over line 8, column 1 (blank space) it shows the tooltip:
(-> Real Integer)
Integer
And if I hover over line 8, columns 2-4, it shows:
(-> Real Integer)
If I hover over line 8, columns 5-6, it shows:
(-> Pos (U Pos Dir) Pos (U Pos Dir) [#:normalize? Boolean] Affine)
(-> Real Integer)
And so on.

If I close the window and open it again, they’re still there.
When I quit DrRacket and restart it, they’re still there.
And when I delete the compiled directory within the utils subdir, they’re still there.

But I can’t seem to reproduce it with a simpler example.

Posted on the users mailing list.