[racket] scribble and .gitignore

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 14 14:35:32 EDT 2015

At Sat, 14 Mar 2015 13:30:26 -0400, Jon Zeppieri wrote:
> I've been looking at the .gitignore files in various racket packages,
> and the ones I've seen don't ignore files generated by scribble (.html
> .css, etc.). So what is the common practice for keeping those files
> out of source control?

All generated documentation files go into a "doc" subdirectory, so
ignoring a "doc" directory is probably the right choice for
".gitignore".

Various Racket packages should probably include "doc" in ".gitignore".
The omission hasn't created problems, because the packages are
typically installed in installation scope, and documentation is
rendered to the installation's "doc" directory in that case.

Posted on the users mailing list.