[racket] Crowdsourcing Pict3D's design

From: Konrad Hinsen (konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net)
Date: Wed Mar 11 03:28:57 EDT 2015

On 11/03/15 02:38, Jack Firth wrote:

> This happens on my OS X machine as well, in precisely the same way.

Me too. I didn't notice before because I didn't know it should work. I
was just disappointed that I couldn't navigate with the mouse.

On 11/03/15 02:39, Neil Toronto wrote:

 > If you need justification, this will render molecular structures
 > thousands of times faster than Plot does. It won't output PDFs, but you
 > can set the background color to white or transparent and render up to
 > 1024x1024 bitmaps and save them as JPEGs or PNGs.

It's indeed my plan to use this for molecular visualization. But also
for other uses, in particular in teaching. This looks like the first
usable successor to VPython (http://vpython.org), which is a very nice
visualization system IF you manage to install it on your computer. I
haven't succeeded for several years, unfortunately. DrRacket+Pict3D are
trivial to install, that's a big plus.

Konrad.

Posted on the users mailing list.