[racket] How can I dump (display) the variables defined in current the global environment

From: Jordan Johnson (jmj at fellowhuman.com)
Date: Sun Mar 1 20:54:36 EST 2015

On Mar 1, 2015, at 5:37 PM, Rufus <rlaggren at mail.com> wrote:
> And also
> a function to save this state (variables in the global environment) in a
> fashion that could be quickly/easily (ie one short function call) be
> reloaded the next day to continue from where I left off.

The typical workflow in DrRacket is to use the Definitions pane for this.

If I were working through TLS from scratch in DrRacket, here is how I would do it, knowing what I now know:

Start a new file when I start a new chapter.
When a definition comes up, add it to the Definitions pane, then save and click “Run”.
When a name from a previous chapter is referenced in an expression or definition, copy it in from that chapter’s file, then save and click “Run”.
When expressions are being evaluated, type the expressions in the Interactions pane.

I don’t remember if there is use of set! in TLS — that would complicate things a bit — but I don’t think there was much if any.

HTH,
jmj