[racket] xslt

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Mar 1 20:39:07 EST 2015

Matthew Butterick wrote on 03/01/2015 08:07 PM:
> As a still newish user of Racket, I have learned to try it Their Way
> before insisting on having it My Way (or looking for other options
> farther up the Highway).

Yes, a newbie should usually try doing things the Racket Way first.

This guidance is especially helpful when the Racket Way is
counterintuitive to the newbie (simple examples: snuggling parens, using
mutations a lot less).

Two caveats:

* A newbie can't always tell what's the Racket Way, nor whether there
even is an applicable Racket Way.

* Racket is not a cult.  And there is no ladder in the middle of the
room, beneath some bananas.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.