[racket] xslt

From: Matthew Butterick (mb at mbtype.com)
Date: Sun Mar 1 20:07:52 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

>  But since I started using Racket, I've never been disappointed by doing
>> things the Racket Way
>>

> Who is defining "the Racket Way" in this case?  Wouldn't a good definition
> be "practices that the Racket user community values"? Inclusion of an API
> in the default Racket distribution doesn't mean that's the way that the
> Racket user community thinks things should be done; it just means that API
> is in the default distribution, at this time, for whatever reason.

I was simply reiterating a compliment to the Racket development team that I
have made elsewhere [1]. For a new user, the default Racket libraries offer
a wealth of useful material, X-expressions among them. As a still newish
user of Racket, I have learned to try it Their Way before insisting on
having it My Way (or looking for other options farther up the Highway).

[1] http://practicaltypography.com/why-racket-why-lisp.html