[racket] Installing DrRacket on Chromebook

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 29 22:14:37 EST 2015

Hi Peter,

On 2015-01-29 16:52:36 -0800, Peter Drake wrote:
>    I've got a student trying to install DrRacket on a Chromebook. She has
>    Ubuntu installed

I recommend following the instructions on this page here:

  https://launchpad.net/~plt/+archive/ubuntu/racket

Instead of the example location they include in the instructions, try
using "ppa:plt/racket". The following command should do it:

  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:plt/racket

and then you will want to run "sudo apt-get update" and
"sudo apt-get install racket" or use the graphical package manager that
comes with Ubuntu.

Do let me know if you have any problems, or if you find any bugs in the
packaging itself.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the users mailing list.