[racket] Noisy compiler at PLTSTDERR=info

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 20 14:34:30 EST 2015

Hi all,

Over the past few months, more and more subsystems have started logging
at info level as part of regular compilation.

I prefer having PLTSTDERR=info in order to catch log-info that happens
at runtime, and find the compile-time log output quite distracting.

My current workaround is to set

PLTSTDERR="info warning at cm warning at compiler/cm warning at module-prefetch
warning at setup/parallel-build warning at cm-accomplice
warning at online-check-syntax"

but this is quite verbose, and as subsystem log messages come and go
I'll need to keep updating it.

Could one of the following ideas be worth exploring?

 1. Have a superlogger for these (and other?) compile-time-ish loggers,
    so that I could write "info warning at compilation", excluding the
    noise in one fell swoop

 2. Have a phase number associated with logging, so I could say
    "info at 0 warning at 1", or similar

-- Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.