[racket] Racket on Centos?

From: George Neuner (gneuner2 at comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 16:58:54 EST 2015

Alexis and Neil,

Thanks both for your advice.

On 1/17/2015 12:56 AM, Alexis King wrote:
> I will say, however, that I recently built Racket from source for the
> first time, and I found it remarkably easy. I cloned the repo, ran
> make, and I was done.

I assume it was on a familiar platform, but I'm happy to hear it was easy.

On 1/17/2015 1:26 AM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> Finally, cross your fingers, and test it on target VM.

It's the "cross you fingers" part that worries me.  I'd be happier if I
knew others already had done it successfully.  I've never worked with
CentOS and it's been a long while since Redhat.  I work with Ubuntu and
occasionally with SUSE.  Very different admin environments.

My problem is  the client's provider: they will give me any Linux I want
but they only provide management services for CentOS.  The client has no
management capability as yet and and I don't really want be their sysop
indefinitely.

I guess I'm going to have to set up a CentOS machine and try it out.

Thanks,
George

Posted on the users mailing list.