[racket] Racket on Centos?

From: Alexis King (lexi.lambda at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 00:56:40 EST 2015

I don’t believe there are any prebuilt CentOS Racket distributions available, so I can’t help you there. I will say, however, that I recently built Racket from source for the first time, and I found it remarkably easy. I cloned the repo, ran make, and I was done.

Building from source can take some time, though, mostly since it needs to compile all the packages. You can download the Unix Source + built packages distribution from download.racket-lang.org <http://download.racket-lang.org/>, though, which contains the package bytecode pre-compiled. The bytecode is platform-independent, so you’ll only have to build the core, not the packages.

Someone else might be more knowledgable in that area than I am, but I’m guessing that’s the best you’re going to get unless there’s a CentOS distribution I’m not aware of.