[racket] easiest way to build from updated source with all packages?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 2 14:17:02 EST 2015

On 01/02/2015 02:05 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
> I usually do something like that git pull, then 'make base' and then
> 'raco pkg update --all --auto' and then 'raco setup'.
>
> IIUC, these are in flux, however, so maybe there will be a different
> recommendation at some point.

Would it make sense to have a top-level Makefile target "update" which
does those commands? It'd provide a stable name for them even as they
change.

.PHONY: update
update:
	git pull --ff-only
	$(MAKE) base
	raco pkg update --all --auto
	raco setup

... or perhaps without the "git pull", even, depending on how nonuniform
people's git setups tend to be.

Posted on the users mailing list.