[racket] racket-mode

From: Konrad Hinsen (konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net)
Date: Sat Feb 28 12:10:35 EST 2015

On 28/02/2015 16:33, Greg Hendershott wrote:

> Sure, I hardly ever want a debugger for Racket, in the way I used one
> heavily and religiously for C/C++ (to step through new code the first
> time instead of just hitting Run). After all we have the REPL, and
> functions. And TBH printfs usually suffice. So I hardly every used the
> debugger in DrRacket.

What I miss, coming from Python, is the Python debugger's post-mortem
inspection feature. When a program crashes, I can inspect the complete
program state at that point. That has taken care of 90% of my debugging
needs in Python.

My impression is that even DrRacket doesn't have something like that,
although I may have easily missed some DrRacket feature.

Konrad.

Posted on the users mailing list.