[racket] compiling Racket to android and ios apps

From: Byron Davies (byrondavies at starshine.us)
Date: Mon Feb 23 23:57:31 EST 2015

I'm very glad to see a resurrection of the possibility of Racket running on
Android. Although a DrRacket development environment would be nice (with
"appropriate" modifications for touchscreen interaction), I would be happy
to have a runtime environment that supports the Racket GUI, starting with
the Racket Drawing Toolkit.

I'm part of a team developing an open-source app for teaching young kids
reading, writing, and math.  We're competing for the Global Learning XPRIZE
http://learning.xprize.org, which requires that entries be delivered on
Android.  Our plan is to build on computer-based Racket, but eventually
we'll need an Android-based Racket for deployment.

We're a volunteer team, with amazing people (educators, techies, and
fundraisers), but zero money as yet, and no Android experts.  For now, all
we can offer is encouragement to the Android effort.  We would love to be
your users.

Byron Davies
StarShine Academy
Phoenix, AZ