[racket] Debugging html library

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 17 19:01:06 EST 2015

At Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:06:49 -0800, John Clements wrote:
> I think that you want to use
>
> raco pkg install --clone html

Well, `raco pkg update` instead of `raco pkg install`, since that the
"html" package is already installed. Also, that will only work with a
pre-release version of Racket, since `--clone` was not in v6.1.1.

In your attempt

 raco pkg update --link /path/to/your/html

if "html" refers to the whole checkout directory, then that directory
is not intended to be a package directory. Instead, each of the four
directories within the "html" repo is a separate package. In
particular, if "html" above refers to the whole repository, then you
ended up with an "html" collection that has an "html" subcollection, an
"html-lib" subcollection, and so on.

In any case, changing the "html" package won't help. The "html"
packages just pulls in the "html-lib" and "html-doc" packages, which
have the real implementation. So, you wanted

 raco pkg update --link /path/to/your/html/html-lib

to change the "html-lib" installation.

If you're using the development version of Racket, the `--clone`
machinery takes care of these details for you, which is why we added
it.