[racket] web server: module servlets

From: George Neuner (gneuner2 at comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 25 16:34:09 EDT 2014

Hi Jay,

On 9/25/2014 1:04 PM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
> > If a Racket library is deliberately put into the servlet-namespace, does
> > that streamline linking?
>
> Your assumption about the purpose of this is not correct. Anything in
> the servlet-namespace will be shared between all servlets, and thus
> not loaded per-servlet.

I think you misunderstood my question, but you may have answered it anyway.

What I really was asking was whether each custodian was having to
individually load common Racket libraries [ web-server/*, net/*, etc. ]
for a new servlet rather than all servlet custodians sharing libraries
that are already loaded.  Or, if not actually "loading" the libraries,
then having to go to disk to check dependencies.

So if I create a shared servlet namespace and put, e.g.,
"web-server/servlet" into it, would that in any way speed up starting a
new dynamically loaded servlet?

George