[racket] ranking items by their appearance in sets

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 23:07:13 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:44:45AM -0400, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> Style: Here is my rewrite with style suggestions. I liked to have a
> single point that tests all versions of a function when I conduct such
> design experiments. I also want to have all my test code in the test
> submodule so that it doesn't get deployed. That's why I am using a
> syntactic abstraction that unfolds into a submodule rather than a
> function that calls things.

Thanks for the style suggestions.  I am reminded I need to reread the
style guide.

> Performance: I have not checked their performance but I cannot imagine
> the first version to be performant. See my annotations.

Good point.  I had put performance out of my mind because my real data
is relatively small and I just wanted to play a bit with the methods,
but I definitely appreciate the notes.

> My choice: Your second version is what I would have written.

Glad to know I was on the right track.

Thank you.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.