[racket] Possible bug with init-auto-scrollbars

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 10 20:46:54 EDT 2014

That's a bug in v6.1 and earlier (on platforms other than Mac OS X).

The bug has been fixed for the next version, so you could try a
snapshot from
 http://pre.racket-lang.org/

If you need to stick with a different version, I think you can work
around the bug by creating a `canvas%` subclass that calls
`init-auto-scrollbars` on each `on-resize`:

 #lang racket
 (require racket/gui)

 (define frame (new frame%
                    [label "Example"]
                    [width 300]
                    [height 300]))

 (define workaround-canvas%
   (class canvas%
     (super-new)
     (inherit init-auto-scrollbars)
     (define/override (on-size w h)
       (init-auto-scrollbars 500 500 0.0 0.0))))

 (define canv (new workaround-canvas%
                   [parent frame]
                   [style '(vscroll hscroll)]
                   [paint-callback