[racket] typed racket cps, state machines

From: Anthony Carrico (acarrico at memebeam.org)
Date: Sat Sep 6 23:41:47 EDT 2014

On 09/06/2014 02:00 PM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> p.s. I have figured out the syntax. I am not sure what you want with
> 'loop' but in any case, this all type checks.

It is just a very degenerate case of my problems, with everything else
gone, an infinite loop nested in the most basic polymorphic type I could
think of.

> On Sep 6, 2014, at 1:58 PM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>> This type checks fine in v6.1 though I can't read the dang syntax
>> and I thought I was someone who should be able to do just that :-)

LOL

I had been using, Racket v6.0.0.5, but here is a machine with 6.0.1, and
actually I just downloaded 6.1. All give the same answer:

$ racket --version
Welcome to Racket v6.1.

$ cat loop.rkt
#lang typed/racket/base

(define #:∀ (V) (fn (r : V)) : V
  (define (loop) : Void (loop))
  r)

$ racket loop.rkt
loop.rkt:4:10: Type Checker: insufficient type information to typecheck.
please add more type annotations
   in: loop
   context...:
    /home/acarrico/src/racket/collects/racket/private/map.rkt:21:13: map

/home/acarrico/src/racket/share/pkgs/typed-racket-lib/typed-racket/typecheck/tc-let-unit.rkt:147:26

...etc.

--
Anthony Carrico