[racket] About genericity...

From: Alexander D. Knauth (alexander at knauth.org)
Date: Fri Oct 24 06:48:07 EDT 2014

On Oct 24, 2014, at 6:11 AM, Joan Arnaldich <jarnaldich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I stumbled upon this thread when searching for generics. I really like
> Alexander's solution, but if I understand it correctly, the my-match-lambda-
> append function should read something like:
>
> (define my-match-lambda-append
>  (case-lambda
>    [() (case-lambda)]
>    [(f1 . f2) (lambda args
>               (with-handlers ([exn:fail:my-match-lambda:no-match:next-
> clause?
>                                (λ (e) (apply (apply my-match-lambda-append
> f2) args))])
>                 (parameterize ([within-my-match-lambda-append? #t])
>                   (apply f1 args))))]))
>

> Notice the dot clause and the recursive call. Otherwise it wouldn't work
> with more than 2 clauses...

I actually changed this later to do something sort of similar to work with more than 2 clauses (and handle keywords):
https://github.com/AlexKnauth/hash-lambda/blob/master/mutable-match-lambda/mutable-match-lambda-procedure.rkt#L46

(define mutable-match-lambda-clause-append
  (case-lambda
    [() (case-lambda)]
    [(f) f]
    [(f1 f2) (keyword-lambda (kws kw-args . args)
               (with-handlers ([exn:fail:mutable-match-lambda:no-match:next-clause?
                                (λ (e) (keyword-apply f2 kws kw-args args))])
                 (parameterize ([within-mutable-match-lambda-clause-append? #t])
                   (keyword-apply f1 kws kw-args args))))]
    [(f1 . rst) (mutable-match-lambda-clause-append f1 (apply mutable-match-lambda-clause-append rst))]
    ))

By the way I'm thinking of rewriting the whole thing further to use something a bit more like this idea (if I can):
http://www.greghendershott.com/2013/06/a-case-with-fall-through.html