[racket] find-system-path under debugger

From: George Neuner (gneuner2 at comcast.net)
Date: Sun Nov 30 11:39:02 EST 2014

Hi all,

I've noticed that  (find-system-path 'run-file)  works differently under
the debugger vs the command line.

When I start an application from the command line - either as a linked
executable or as a script using "racket <file>", (find-system-path
'run-file) gives me the start directory of the application.  However,
when I start under the debugger, (find-system-path 'run-file) gives me
the directory where DrRacket is installed.

I have an application that needs to read from some setup files that are
under the same directory.  (find-system-path 'run-file) works fine from
the command line but I can't run the app in the debugger. Is there a way
to find the directory of the file running under the debugger that also
works when run from the command line?  Or alternatively, a way to tell
when you are running under the debugger so as to do something else?

Thanks,
George

Posted on the users mailing list.