[racket] 18 scribble-created files

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Nov 23 04:03:51 EST 2014

Is there already a way to greatly reduce the number of files that
Scribble creates for a small one-page manual (like is used for the
documentation of a package)?

In Racket 6.1, Scribble creates 18 files, in 2 directories.  Before this
change, Scribble created only 5 files, in 1 directory, for the same
input.  1-3 files would be preferable.

Example generated directory tree with the 18 files:

     racket/scgi/doc/
     |-- doc/
     |   |-- blueboxes.rktd
     |   |-- index.html
     |   |-- in.sxref
     |   |-- out0.sxref
     |   |-- out1.sxref
     |   |-- out.sxref
     |   |-- stamp.sxref
     |   `-- synced.rktd
     |-- doc-site.css
     |-- doc-site.js
     |-- manual-fonts.css
     |-- manual-racket.css
     |-- manual-racket.js
     |-- manual-style.css
     |-- racket.css
     |-- scribble-common.js
     |-- scribble.css
     `-- scribble-style.css

(Yes, I can see that some of the `.css` and `.js` files could be shared
among multiple packages', if the multiple packages' documentation were
all in the same storage, and they were all generated by the same Racket
version.  That's not the case on my Web server, nor the case in
individual package distributions.)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.