[racket] Extending DrRacket with non-text tabs

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 11 10:13:51 EST 2014

Sorry for the long delay in replying.

DrRacket isn't really set up to give you much re-use in the situation
you're describing, if I understand correctly.

You can create another frame and DrRacket shouldn't interfere with
that frame (you would want to use the framework's group classes to
cooperate properly).

You should be able to use handler:insert-format-handler to open your
frame when a file with your extension is opened via the open dialog.

The extension docs that you pointed to below are really just the docs
for getting your code access to DrRacket. The actual libraries you
want to use are the framework library and the GUI library (and the
other parts of the library that you linked to).

Robby